Sunday, April 20, 2008

Emergency!!


The highlight of March had to be Kathy's wedding cake. She had arranged something else, and that did make me a little sad, but I really did want her to have what she wanted!!

So anyway, I didn't feel extremely well that day but I was going to go to my "Second Saturday Scrapbooking" at church, and then hopefully make the wedding later that night. We had just pulled in the parking lot and were starting to unload when I got a call from Marci, Kathy's very frustrated sister. What Kathy had arranged didn't turn out anywhere near what she wanted and they didn't know what to do. I thought about it for a while and really only came up with Hy-Vee in Omaha or Council Bluffs that even MIGHT be able to come through. It was weighing very heavy on me because I really wanted to do this, but could I really do it in only seven hours??

I got Marci called back and told her I was on it and I would have something, but really couldn't promise WHAT!! Mallory and I got home and got started and were thanking my mother who already had the boys and said they'd be fine where they were. I got started and was really shocked at what I got done! I knew I had to use styrofoam for the bottom layer for the simple reason that there was no way to bake and cool a cake enough to frost. The middle layer was even a bit too warm when I frosted it! Then there was a matter of DEER in the road on my travels to the reception, so I was really surprised it stood, but it did. Many, many pegs!!

And that's my emergency wedding cake! It slid a little, but not just everyone noticed. It was really nice and Kathy even said it was really just what she would have ordered! I had to make her topper later, but she has one! It has the date she actually got married on a cruise, but the reception was in March. Just a bit of trivia there!

No comments: