Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bridal Fair

I was invited to my first Bridal Fair and was so excited that I wasn't sure I was going to make it to April. By about Monday, I was so nervous that I wasn't sure I was going to make it to Saturday!! Things did go extremely well, and I really think the cake was elegant. We made lots for show and lots for samples, so there was an unbelievable amount left over! We took some to the residents there in town, and some to Michael's residents and also had some for Sunday School this morning! Not much disappointment this weekend!

I did try something new this weekend. Actually, a couple things. First was the three layer cake in the middle. I really liked how that made such a massive, yet smooth line to it. I have also seen many cakes with ribbons around the bottom of the cake and had to wonder what that did to the cake. The frosting did soak into the ribbon that I put on Friday night, but by Saturday morning, it was evenly soaked so you couldn't really see it as a bad thing. By Sunday morning, the red had seeped into the frosting, but again, I couldn't see that hurting anything. I guess it will all depend on what the bride wants!

No comments: