Sunday, January 27, 2008

Teachers

My friend sent her daughter to me for these. Both just wonderful gals. She insisted that I not give her a discount, but I just almost always do when it's for more than one cake. I feel bad that the grocery store will do a full sheet cake and I don't offer one. It's just too big and heavy to transport safely. I figure if the cake can't get there safely, what's the point? Well, anyway, if I were ordering in my cakes from Kansas City like the bakery does, they would work just fine. But while I'm baking my own, they are just too heavy to be that big. They also have to be set side-by-side, so that leaves a very good chance that they will separate and crack the frosting. Just not worth it. Only had one complaint and I was too expensive for her anyway. That's why grocery stores exist, I guess. Anyway, the store has now raised its cake prices, so mine aren't very far off from theirs anymore. But back to the cakes, those are supposed to be little apples, but I'm not sure anyone ever really caught that!

No comments: