Thursday, January 3, 2008

November

I fell behind, I know. I'll try to get these caught up here:
These may be in no particular order as my memory is already shot!
This is one where we get a call at the bakery at closing time, requesting something that we just don't do. He didn't want plastic pigs, he wanted frosting pigs, and he wanted it tomorrow! Well, there was nothing I could do for him from the store but I told him I could help him at home. And we did. Mallory had a great time with this one. We both did. Fat little pigs all over. That was all he really cared about. Lots of pigs! Nice kid, though. Even sent me a thank you note!

The next one is a Pirates cake that uses one of the kits from the grocery store. These are supposed to make life and cake decorating easier, but a lot of times I think they lose something. This one was fun because of how much we changed it. It's just supposed to be a small, flat cake, and the size is pretty much determined by the railing at the back (aft??).
The problem was that they needed more cake than that, and they wanted half white, half chocolate. That's where I added the second deck. I liked it a lot better, and I think they liked it too! Made theirs just a little more original!



Here's a toughy: what's on this cake? I thought this was a great one. We rolled and cut fondant for a quilt, then airbrushed a design on it. It was, of course, for a quilter! Anyone I ever talked to just asked what that was. Oh, well, the quilter knew!

Then, another resident's cake. There were two hundredth-birthdays in November, but someone else was doing the other one. They wound up with two parties for them, and the rest of the November birthdays never got cakes! That made me sad!

That's all I can remember of November! Thanks for checking back!

No comments: