Thursday, January 3, 2008

December

I only had a few cakes in December. Here's the residents' cake. I love making the poinsettias. Bonnie has me making a lot of them at the bakery!!

I wasn't even going to take a picture of this next one. I was in a hurry and it was way too simple for me! But, my assistant is always keeping up with me! The poor girl usually gets left with the clean up, so I like to make sure she gets credit where she can! This was for some residents that we have fallen for, mainly because they like our cats. I always do a monthly birthday cake, but she wanted a special one for him.

Then there was a deputy's promotion. The boys really had no desire to let go of this little gun. It was just Michael, Morgan and me when we got it, but I don't remember why. Anyway, Morgan held the two packages all the way home, quizzing me on which pieces I'd use. I never know until I get going!

Then, finally, the most important birthday of all. Kristy ordered this for the Sparkies. It wasn't too long before I realized that the red frosting along the bottom border probably wasn't the best idea for lots of kids in a church! Never fear, Kristy's so good she basically served around the red border... took the cake and left the red behind. Later, we caught all of her kids in the kitchen eating the red frosting remnants with their fingers!! You never win!

Oh, well. I do hope your holidays brought you closer to friends and family and left you time to quietly ponder why Jesus really came and why he came the way he did. Thank you to all who have supported my business both with orders and promotion. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know! May God richly bless your lives, families and businesses in the coming year!

1 comment:

gamergeekwife said...

Okay, now it is.
Completely love the happy b-day Jesus cake.
Cubbies are hysterical I tell ya.

Jennifer