Sunday, January 27, 2008

Recent past

This was one I missed, so my mom pointed out. It is sad that I missed it because it was for the grandson of one of my three readers ;)

Anyway, he's a rocket enthusiast, and it was actually his step-mom and grandma that got this worked up for him. I have never had more correspondence and meetings over a cake than I did for this one, and now I really miss them! It was a Thanksgiving cake, but we had been mulling over ideas since early spring. Now I haven't heard from them and I really miss them! They said the bride was very specific about who was in charge of what, and that they were in charge of the groom's cake. So we had a really great time with it, and I've heard comments that it looked and tasted better than the wedding cake! Okay, maybe I'm just bragging on myself. This was just one of the more crafty ones. It's two layers, so after I got them carved and frosted, I cut a hole into the top to insert a little pilot/astronaut (all we could find was a Star Wars fighter pilot), then covered it with an acrylic cover. I hear all the little kids wanted the man inside, but they were all told that it was for the groom. Not totally unexpected. I had two at my house asking if the little pilot would be returned here and if I was really sure I had to put him in there in the first place.

No comments: