Friday, April 20, 2007

Rachel, July 2004

Still building my archives...
This was my very first wedding cake. It seems like so long ago, but not quite three years! I've only done about a dozen wedding cakes so far, so it should be fun getting them posted.
I spent a lot of time practicing and praying for this one! I'll always be so grateful to this family for trusting me and encouraging me to do it. They were more sure of me than I was!! I'm so glad they asked me to make Rachel's cake and had the faith that I could come through. It was the start of something I hope to spend a lot of time doing! I got to do the candles and flowers for this one, too. That makes it even more fun.

4 comments:

gamergeekwife said...

Michelle:
Very serene and beautiful!!! Do you get a "soaring" feeling when the cake is completed? I think I would. "Yeah, I did it!".
Smiles,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

I do... especially on this one!! Had that little "Hallelujah Chorus" going off in my head. Mallory stuck with me to the bitter end, but really drained herself and missed the wedding. I felt really awful about that, but Michael was glad to stay home with her. Don't get that, he's just not a wedding guy!!

Kathy said...

I had forgotten how beautiful this cake was...you really did a great job! The picture doens't do it justice. :)

Unknown said...

But I never got any of your photos! ;)