Monday, October 22, 2007

Molly

I finally felt on top of things this time. I had Friday and Saturday both off from the bakery to focus on this one, first of all because it was pretty big, and secondly because it included a groom's cake. I don't particularly like the flat stacked cakes because of the difficulty getting them set up on site, and also because of the balance factor! There is just so much that could go wrong. However, everything that went wrong had nothing to do with that! It was actually the humidity. Once we got everything unloaded at the site, the frosting started to slide right off the sides of the cake. We redid several places, then I rewrote all the love words on the sides. We spent a couple hours getting it back and then left a note to the bride about really hoping it stayed. The bride's mom talked to me yesterday and said no one saw anything wrong, so I was exceedingly relieved to hear that!!
The groom's cake was a bowling pin, which I told him would not be correct in size and proportion if they actually wanted any cake from it! I also made a separate keepsake tier for Molly and Chris for their first anniversary.

No comments: