Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oh, Juliet, how lovely art thou...

This is the one I was working on last night. I felt like it was the longest day at work... ever! Don't know why, I just really hurt. It took a while to get going, but I really love this one. It's a shower cake for a baby Juliet, the baby and granddaughter of some folks that I think are an amazing set of people. The couple helps me with homeschooling, so I have a lot of interaction with them! They had six kids, and three of the girls are now having kids. Their twin boys graduate this spring, so I'm also looking forward to those cakes.

Anyway, this one is a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It is only colored brown, it is NOT chocolate frosting! The accents are a dusty lime and rose that matched the invitations, and I can only hope, the rest of the party!!

Mallory also made truffles, so I should get some pictures of those, too!

1 comment:

gamergeekwife said...

Michelle:
I recently made carrot cake,but it tasted more like a "tropical cake". Next time I plan on adding more carrots than the 1st time. I know carrot cake is calorie-laden, but I justify eating it b/c its got a vegetable in it (and nuts-so therefore Omega 3-the recipe I use calls for using pecans).
CREAM CHEESE Frosting-um. addictive.
jennifer