Saturday, September 8, 2007

Double weekend

I don't ever do this, but I did a two wedding cake weekend. One was a true wedding cake, but a small one, and the other was for Jenny, my very special "little sister." This was a bridal shower cake for Jenny for tomorrow. Since it wasn't a request and I could do whatever I wanted, I decided to just make it like the other one. Well, after I finished the "other one," my arm was as dead as when I did those sotas I just posted. Yes, that's why I posted that now!! It had some really pretty lace work and some fleur de lis, scattered with dots and roses. The roses are royal icing and there's nothing I like more than that!! I just delivered that cake; I didn't set it up, so the topper and the crystals for the base weren't set up yet when I left. Jenny's is at my house and will be decorated more tomorrow, so I may replace the picture then. I also made a separate top tier for Tolly, something I've been doing lately. This is the main reason. I'd hate to have to dig the top tier out of that mess to save it. This way it's all ready for the freezer! I also made Jenny a little topper to take home to Nate. She spoils him, so I guess I should, too!

No comments: