Friday, July 27, 2007

Elizabeth's Little Dots

This was supposed to be an all fondant cake, but I told Elizabeth that I can smooth out the buttercream and save time and money, plus people won't be picking off the fondant! She said she just wanted it like the picture and wanted people to like it. Everyone seemed to love it! Not sure how I always end up cutting cake, but hey, I guess I'm getting pretty good at it!! Mallory played the punch fairy again and all was well in the world.

The groom's cake was a soccer ball. I'd done this design as a baseball before, but it sank into the cake a bit. Thought I had the problem solved by putting supports under the ball, but then the ball just "deflated," so I'm not sure I solved anything! Well, it looked great to the bride and groom, but it just wasn't what I was thinking it could be. Next time, I may fondant cover the whole ball and see what that does. Like I said, it wasn't traumatic, but I was nervous.

I've also been making separate toppers for my brides. It's so much safer to have her layer to save already be saved! Since her cake was in three colors, I made her topper white with all three colors of dots. It was really pretty, but I just never could get a decent picture of it.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

The little white topper is gorgeous. That would be pretty to have the whole cake white with colored dots. It's all very pretty. It was tasty, too.

MOM

Unknown said...

When you're the bride, you'll get to choose!

Anonymous said...

Was it time consuming or difficult to make the dots?

Kathy said...

I love this one--it's very pretty yet kind of whimsical at the same time. Yay Michelle! :)