Saturday, May 19, 2007

...and a wedding!!



I've been so excited about this one! First of all, it's a couple that is just incredible and incredibly made for each other. I just love Christian weddings! Even the bridesmaids and groomsmen had incredible things to say of the couple.
Anyway, Amber and Jeremy had very little concern for the cake, except that they wanted three tiers and it needed to be white cake with chocolate frosting and pink detail. She pretty much left the rest up to me, so I started with a crown cake topper. It's the newest thing in all the books, so I was anxious to see it done. They also never requested a groom's cake, so I took that upon myself as well! We all give Jeremy a hard time about his Jeep. It's bright orange, has a ladder on top, and never has the doors on. So that had to be his cake. But it had to have some sign of Amber, so I added her veil to the passenger seat. I was afraid of what his mom would do. She had such a stunning garden spread going on, and I was afraid that an orange jeep would send her over the brink! It was quite the opposite, however. She was overwhelmed with how appropriate it was! She wanted to work his jeep into the theme as well, but never figured out how! I was really counting the groom's cake as part of our total available servings of cake, but Jeremy didn't want it cut!! We made it through the line once and several people came back, so there was obviously enough cake. Whew!!

No comments: